Sunday, January 10, 2010

Basic Training - Round Two

On the 11th of January I will head to the hotel in preparation for basic training, again. The first time around back in October I sprained my ankle a week before shipping which prevented me from attending basic training. I had to get a doctors approval before a new ship date was secured for me. Now that it is upon me, I kind of have this nervous excitement going on. Part of it is "Am I really doing this?" sort of a thing. I feel like I will do fine. I have attended several drills here with the Recruitment Sustainment Program and have learned a lot. I have been doing some conditioning, but not as much as I should in all honesty. Running will be my weak point, which I have been doing, but still feel like I will suck at it. Oh well, guess we will see what happens.

While I am at basic, I am going to try and keep a daily journal and send home weekly updates to Amy who in turn will post them here on my blog. That will give friends and family something to read about. Should be fun to read. Amy is going to be one of my main points of contact, so if anyone wants to write me while I am at basic, get a hold of her. And please write!! I imagine it will be like a mission somewhat, where getting letters from friends and family is the greatest thing. Here is her number: 801-616-7437. Well, thats about it for now. Gotta get to bed so I can get up early and get a few more things done before I report to the hotel tomorrow afternoon. Wish me luck. See you all and hear from you all in 10 weeks.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Good Luck Vinnie. You're a stud man!